Netflix CEO, Reed Hastings is crystal clear on how people view his company’s brand, no matter how bad or good the his recent choices have been. Some of Hastings’ comments were frank and rueful about Netflix’s mistakes at the UBS Media conference in New York on Tuesday. The troubles with Nexflix in 2011 began when it announced it would charge separate prices for its DVDs by mail and streaming video games. In September is when the real debacle came in. Qwixter was announced, by Netflix, to be the new re-branded name for the DVDs. Because the customers raged so much, Netflix pulled a stunning reversal a few weeks later and cancelled the entire Qwixter plan. Hastings still didn’t shy away from the philosophy behind Qwikster. He downplayed the DVD business many times times during his talk. Last month,m Netflix had payments of more than $3.5 billion over the next few years.
It relates to me because my family uses Netflix monthly.
<a href="http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/06/technology/netflix/index.htm">

My family and I love Netflix. I disagree with the topic and how they are going to charge us for it. I don't think it should charge for each video. I think the company will lose a lot of people by setting a charge for each video. I think they will increase the money that they make because all the people they will lose from having a charge.
ReplyDelete